where memories are made
McCloud Guest House Policies
McCLOUD GUEST HOUSE
a secluded country bed and breakfast inn
nestled at the foot of mount shasta
We do not like fine print, but we also want to make sure there are no surprises for you or for us. Please read through our policies below, and thank you in advance for doing so!
We don't like charging cancellation fees but as a very small family-run business with a limited number of rooms we need to cover the lost income when a room is cancelled. Cancellations made 5 days or less prior to the arrival date will be charged a fee equal to one night's stay or 50% of the reserved stay, whichever is greater, unless the room can be rebooked. No-shows, early departures and delayed arrivals, for any reason, will be charged the full rate of the reservation.
- A credit card is required to guarantee a reservation. A deposit of half of the total is required for stays of 3 nights or longer.
- All balances are due in full at check-out.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Amex and personal checks.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
- Normal check-in time is between 3:00 and 7:00 pm. If you expect to arrive after 6:30pm, please call or write so we can provide you our late arrival information.
- Check-out is at 11:00.
- We ask that you do not bring your pets to the inn. If you arrive with pets, you will need to find somewhere for them to stay off property, or cancel your reservation, for which you will be charged the full cost of your reservation.
- If we find that a pet has stayed in one of our rooms, a fee to deep clean the room will be charged at a minimum of $250.
- A two-night minimum stay is required on all weekends when a Saturday night is included. Exceptions apply in certain circumstances.
GROUPS, WEDDING, AND PARTIES
- For groups reserving three or more rooms, a 30-day cancellation policy applies.
- Guests planning events and weddings must 1) contact us directly before booking any rooms and 2) are required to take over the entire inn. We do this to protect the expectations of both the group, and for other guests who would otherwise be on property at that time. We are a small property, not a large hotel, and want your event to be as special as is hoped.
- Please let us know is advance of any special requests for your guests during your event so that we can do our very best to accommodate them.
- Occupancies in all rooms and our cottage are enforced and are charged per each room's rate schedule.
- Inn rooms are configured for one or two adults only.
- Maximum occupancy in all inn rooms is two (2) people.
- Our second floor inn-rooms are appropriate for adult or 12+ guests only.
- Our cottage does accommodate children and is recommended for guests traveling with children.
- Smoking is not permitted inside any of our facilities, only on porches and on decks. Please show consideration for other guests' smoking preferences. Please do not smoke in your room or anywhere in the inn.
- We will charge a minimum of $500 cleaning fee if smoking occurs indoors.